Sunday 23 February 2014

Only 63 days remaining. Somebody, HIT THE PAUSE BUTTON!

Why Hello again! Seems like it was just yesterday I was posting on here. I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks. Unfortunately, my post will not be as interesting as the last because I do not have sloths or the jungle to talk about, but I have done some other pretty neat things :)

Vamos a la PLAYA!!!
Last week my Mom told me that a friend of her's invited her to go to the beach for the weekend, and asked if I wanted to go along. Of course, I was not going to pass down that opportunity! My mom left on Wednesday, and my Dad and I hitched a ride on Friday with my brother Jaimie and his girlfriend Nicole. Since I've been here I have hardly seen my brother because he works during the week, and then heads straight to the beach on Friday for the weekend (which who could blame him). Nicole's parents have a beach house, so him and his friends go there, and her beach house happened to be where Giselle (my mom) was staying, which is why we hitched a ride with Jaime. The beach we went to was in the North, and was absolutely gorgeous! Apparently everyone here in Lima during the summer either goes to the North or South to go to the beach. Where we stayed was pretty interesting! It was a club solely for Navy or previous members of the Navy. Viviana's (Giselle's friend) boyfriend(Blancho) was a member of the Navy, so he was able to fill me in on some pretty neat stuff. Their bungalow (club house) was so cute and little, and sat perfectly in front of the beach! It was also pretty impressive how many people we were able to cram into the little house. There was me, my dad, my mom, Viviana, Blancho, his daughter and son, and his daughters two friends. So yeah, I think it's safe to say that fitting 9 people in a 3 roomed bungalow is pretty impressive. Luckily, I'm not too picky, and just need a place to rest my head ;) Heck, I could have slept on the beach if they would've let me! We stayed Friday through Sunday and pretty much relaxed the whole time, which was fine by me! I was able to get my February tan on and swim in the Pacific Ocean, what more do I need!? Oh yeah, I also was able to receive my first ever massage, which was fabulous! You know how in the states they use those CD's with music of waves that are supposed to calm and relax you, well lucky for me, that was not needed considering the ocean was a mere, few steps away. :D hehe Alright, I'll quit bragging for now, but my gosh was it beautiful and surreal! Anywho, our short weekend came to an end and we had to sadly return back to our house. I was so thankful for being able to go. Blancho and Viviana were a hoot, and such great hosts! I was never hungry or thirsty the whole time there because they were constantly passing me food and drinks, which is all this girl needs to be content. :)
 My wonderful Parents and I :) 

 Aren't they the cutest? :)

 The view of the ocean/poolside from their bungalow 

My mom, Viviana and I after our morning stroll on the beach :)

PARQUE DE LAS AGUAS!
Now, ever since we arrived here we have been told time and time again we need to go to the park with the lights. So, Tuesday evening after our Midterm Exam(ugh), we decided park with the lights it is! Now, "park with the lights", or even "park of the water" does not even come close to justifying the beauty that we saw! Oh my gosh was this place incredible! There were about 4 or 5 attractions of light shows going on at once, so at first Missy, Marina, Jorge, Finn, Adam and I didn't even know what to do with our eyes. I was absolutely amazed by the crazy colors and formations of light these fountains were spewing out. I'm going to let your eyes do the rest of the explaining because it's pretty indescribable! 




National VINO day!!! 

Now, anyone who knows me well, knows that I love my wine. Lucky for me, Finn was resourceful enough to inform us that it was National Wine Drinking Day! So naturally, we all decided to drink some wine after Parque de las Aguas. Which was a blast! We all sat up on my rooftop and played some card games and chitchatted our brains away. I think that we are getting accustomed to the Peruvian lifestyle because we all chit chatted until about 3 in the morning. 

It's still crazy for me to fathom that all of us have only known each other for a little over a month. We've created so many memories and have all developed some great friendships! Our group has to be the best Peru has seen, or maybe I'm just being biased :)

Last but not least..BURRITO BAR & DISCOTECA! 

On Friday night we were all bound and determined to find this so called "Burrito Bar" that a few other members in the group had been bragging about. So, Finn, Jorge, Amber and I caught a taxi and set off for Baronco, where the Burrito Bar supposedly was. Our taxi driver had never heard of it before, but was sure that he could find it once we got there. It took about 15 min to get to Baronco, (15 minutes too long...like I've said driving here is LOCO) but unfortunately our taxi driver couldn't find the exact place, so we decided to say screw it and walk the rest of the way because we knew we were at least in the general area( smart I know). After about 10 minutes of walking around like our true touristic selves, we FINALLY FOUND IT! And boy was it worth it! Qdoba and Chipotle has nothing on the Burrito Bar! After we smashed our faces and down two delicious margaritas, we decided we wanted to go to the DISCOTECA! We all went back to my house and pre gamed for about an hour and then headed to Mira Flores to meet one of the few Peruvians we know outside of our families, Marco. He was able to get us in for free and we danced the night away! Now, I love my Karaoke nights in Kearney, but nothing compares to the discotecas here. The music is perfect music to dance to and it helps that the majority of guys know how to dance! The rest of my weekend was consumed of homework, homework, and more homework! We have a pretty full week ahead of us, so I'm going to mentally prepare myself tonight by watching countless hours of Netflix and hoping tomorrow doesn't come as fast as I know it will :)




Well guys, I hope you enjoyed! You will probably hear from me again sometime next week because we have our last group trip. We are going to Baracas and staying at a resort, so I'm sure I will have some interesting stories to tell. Take care, Chou!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment